Aperture on MacBooks

  • Evan Holt
    Message 1 of 2 , May 18, 2006
      Thought this was an interesting tidbit that was posted to the
      Aperture forum on Apple.com:

      <quote>
      Aperture does run on the new MacBooks, but it is NOT officially
      supported, due to limitations with the graphics card. This means if
      you call AppleCare, you'll simply be told that you're running
      Aperture on an unsupported configuration. It's an "at-your-own-risk"
      experience.

      That being said, Aperture will install and run on a MacBook...at
      least you're not disallowed from using it. No hacks needed!

      And of course, Aperture is fully supported on all MacBook PRO models.

      Joe Schorr
      Sr. Product Manager, Aperture
      Apple
      </quote>
    • Evan Holt
      Message 2 of 2 , May 18, 2006
        I also thought that this is interesting as a follow up as well, which should answer any questions related to running Aperture on an Intel Mac:

        <quote>
        No hiccups and no hacking. When you launch Aperture on a MacBook, you may see a warning stating that the application does not support displays less than 1280X854, but you can still click OK and use it.

        Same thing is true, BTW, with any of the Intel-based Mac Mini models. Aperture 1.1.1 installs and runs, but is not officially supported.

        Again, to be clear: These models did NOT meet our minimum requirements, due to the more limited power of the graphics card. Your "mileage may vary" with them, depending on the size and demands of your workflow. And AppleCare support isn't available for users of Aperture on these systems.