Aperture customers seek upgrade path

  • Alejandro (Alex) Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2006
      http://www.macnn.com/articles/06/05/16/aperture.customers.cry.out/

      Aperture customers seek upgrade path

      Many early Aperture license holders are banding together with the hope of drawing Apple's attention, as frustration mounts regarding Aperture 1.1's increased system requirements. "Like many others when Aperture was released I ordered a new Power Mac to be able to run Aperture. At the time the nVIDIA GeForce 6600 was a recommended system," said one user. With increased system requirements and no way to upgrade to a better graphics card, many users want Apple to either sell an individual card to upgrade their systems or take back their current machines so that they can purchase newer hardware to run Aperture as they originally intended. "As it currently stands Aperture is painfully slow and all indications are the only fix is upgrading my graphics card to the GeForce 7800 GT. Unfortunately Apple will not sell this card alone nor do they provide an upgrade path."