[aperture] Sepia & Black and White

  • Debbi
    Message 1 of 22 , May 10, 2006
      Do any of you use it in Aperture and it so, how do you think it
      compares to Photoshop or another plug-in? I usually use Greg Gorman's
      method in Photoshop, but I have never actually printed anything with
      it.
      Debbi
      --
      Debbi in California
      http://www.pbase.com/debbi

      Whoever said 'money can't buy happiness' never met a camera they loved!
    • Debbi
      Message 2 of 22 , May 13, 2006
        You all are pretty quiet......

        Have any of you tried the Kodak print services via Aperture? I
        usually use WHCC and just wondered if Kodak was any good
        Debbi
        --
        Debbi in California
        http://www.pbase.com/debbi

        Whoever said 'money can't buy happiness' never met a camera they loved!
      • Alejandro (Alex) Rodriguez
        Message 3 of 22 , May 13, 2006
          I have and I think it sucks compared to WHCC. The ONLY plus is how
          easy it is to use.

          Alex

          On May 13, 2006, at 4:58 PM, Debbi wrote:

          > You all are pretty quiet......
          >
          > Have any of you tried the Kodak print services via Aperture? I
          > usually use WHCC and just wondered if Kodak was any good
          > Debbi
          > --
          > Debbi in California
          > http://www.pbase.com/debbi
          >
          > Whoever said 'money can't buy happiness' never met a camera they
          > loved!

          > ~-->
          > Protect your PC from spy ware with award winning anti spy
          > technology. It's free.
          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/e4wwlB/TM

        • Alejandro (Alex) Rodriguez
          Message 4 of 22 , May 13, 2006
            On my machine the results look good however I will know how the
            printed images look later this week, I just sent a batch of images to
            white house for printing.

            Alex

            On May 10, 2006, at 2:58 PM, Debbi wrote:

            > Do any of you use it in Aperture and it so, how do you think it
            > compares to Photoshop or another plug-in? I usually use Greg Gorman's
            > method in Photoshop, but I have never actually printed anything with
            > it.
            > Debbi
            > --
            > Debbi in California
            > http://www.pbase.com/debbi
            >
            > Whoever said 'money can't buy happiness' never met a camera they
            > loved!
          • Debbi
            Message 5 of 22 , May 13, 2006
              Thank Alex, on both answers!
              Debbi

              --
              Debbi in California
              http://www.pbase.com/debbi

              Whoever said 'money can't buy happiness' never met a camera they loved!
            • Ronald Leppke
              Message 6 of 22 , May 15, 2006
                I just now received my coupon request response:

                Thank you for participating in the Aperture Customer Program promotion.  Attached is your e-coupon code, valid at the online Apple Store  www.apple.com/smallbusiness/store.

                Ron

                Ronald D. Leppke, Ed.D.

                RDL Associates

                17 inch 1.67 GHz G4 PowerBook

                1.5 GB DDR SDRAM

                Mac OS X 10.4.6, Build 8l127  (Tiger)

                Safari Version 2.0.3 (417.9.3)

                lepprd@...

              • Debbi

                  Message 8 of 22 , May 15, 2006
                    Mine just came too!

                    I just went and left about a pint of drool all over a 17" MacBook Pro
                    at our local Apple store. Guess I have until September 30, 2006 when
                    the coupon expires to summon up the courage. I wish the Adobe apps
                    were already Universal.

                    David
                    --
                    David W. Taylor, Detayls
                    www.detayls.com

                    On May 15, 2006, at 3:44 PM, Debbi wrote:

                    > Thanks for sharing it Ron. What do you have your eye on?
                    > Debbi
                    >

                    >> I just now received my coupon request response:
                    >>

                    >>> Thank you for participating in the Aperture Customer Program
                    >>> promotion. Attached is your e-coupon code, valid at the online
                    >>> Apple Store www.apple.com/smallbusiness/store.
                    >>
                    >> Ron
                    >>

                    >> Ronald D. Leppke, Ed.D.
                    >> RDL Associates
                    >> 17 inch 1.67 GHz G4 PowerBook
                    >> 1.5 GB DDR SDRAM
                    >> Mac OS X 10.4.6, Build 8l127 (Tiger)
                    >> Safari Version 2.0.3 (417.9.3)
                    >>
                    >> lepprd@...
                    >
                    > --
                    > Debbi in California
                    > http://www.pbase.com/debbi
                    >
                    > Whoever said 'money can't buy happiness' never met a camera they
                    > loved!

                    > Visit your group "aperture" on the web.

                  • Ronald Leppke
                    Message 9 of 22 , May 15, 2006
                      I was also at the Apple store looking at the 17 MBP. I am expecting to combine the coupon with the "friends" (empolyee) discount on the 17 MBP. I specifically tested the two finger tap to get the contextual menu, i.e., a right click and it worked fine. The Apple store employee was not aware of this feature.

                      On May 15, 2006, at 6:07 PM, David Taylor wrote:

                      I just went and left about a pint of drool all over a 17" MacBook Pro
                      at our local Apple store.

                      ...and, of course my 17 1.67 (below) is for sale

                      Ron

                      Ronald D. Leppke, Ed.D.

                      RDL Associates

                      17 inch 1.67 GHz G4 PowerBook

                      1.5 GB DDR SDRAM

                      Mac OS X 10.4.6, Build 8l127  (Tiger)

                      Safari Version 2.0.3 (417.9.3)

                      lepprd@...

                    • jimmy_yu
                      Message 10 of 22 , May 15, 2006
                        Ron,

                        Does it say if it's possible to use the coupon in a store other than
                        the regular apple.com store? I know with the ipod settlement coupon
                        codes, you could only use it at the regular apple store (ie, no edu or
                        govt stores).

                        Jimmy

                        --- In aperture@yahoogroups.com, Ronald Leppke <lepprd@...> wrote:

                        > I was also at the Apple store looking at the 17 MBP. I am expecting
                        > to combine the coupon with the "friends" (empolyee) discount on the
                        > 17 MBP. I specifically tested the two finger tap to get the
                        > contextual menu, i.e., a right click and it worked fine. The Apple
                        > store employee was not aware of this feature.
                        >

                        > On May 15, 2006, at 6:07 PM, David Taylor wrote:
                        >
                        > > I just went and left about a pint of drool all over a 17" MacBook Pro
                        > > at our local Apple store.
                        >
                        > ...and, of course my 17 1.67 (below) is for sale
                        >
                        > Ron
                        >

                        > Ronald D. Leppke, Ed.D.
                        > RDL Associates
                        > 17 inch 1.67 GHz G4 PowerBook
                        > 1.5 GB DDR SDRAM
                        > Mac OS X 10.4.6, Build 8l127 (Tiger)
                        > Safari Version 2.0.3 (417.9.3)
                        >
                        > lepprd@...

                      • robert a. staehle
                        Message 11 of 22 , May 15, 2006
                          "E-coupons are not redeemable on Apple Online Stores that serve
                          institutions."

                          The above is from the coupon I received today.