Aperture and 17" MBP

  • Stan Bonis
    Message 1 of 4 , May 8, 2006
      I received my new 17" MacBook Pro earlier today. After porting my
      programs to it, I ran Aperture 1.1 and have to say that I was
      pleasantly surpeised at its speed. I have a whole lot of re-exploring
      of Aperture now that I don't have to "wait" for spinning pinwheels!

      Stan
    • Mitch Aunger
      Message 2 of 4 , May 8, 2006
        Does the size of the library matter in terms of performance?

        I've got about 45gig now in the library and tho 1.1.1 is much better
        in terms of performance, it still takes forever to open some albums -
        especially smart ones.

        I'm using the 20" imac G5 with 1.5 gb RAM

        Thanks!

        On May 8, 2006, at 10:45 AM, Stan Bonis wrote:

        > I received my new 17" MacBook Pro earlier today. After porting my
        > programs to it, I ran Aperture 1.1 and have to say that I was
        > pleasantly surpeised at its speed. I have a whole lot of re-exploring
        > of Aperture now that I don't have to "wait" for spinning pinwheels!
        >
        > Stan

      • Alejandro (Alex) Rodriguez

          Message 4 of 4 , May 8, 2006
            sorry - i meant to say it was the PPC version but forgot.

            On May 8, 2006, at 12:44 PM, Alejandro (Alex) Rodriguez wrote:

            Intel iMac?

            Mitch Aunger wrote:
            Does the size of the library matter in terms of performance?

            I've got about 45gig now in the library and tho 1.1.1 is much better
            in terms of performance, it still takes forever to open some albums -
            especially smart ones.

            I'm using the 20" imac G5 with 1.5 gb RAM

            Thanks!

            On May 8, 2006, at 10:45 AM, Stan Bonis wrote:

            I received my new 17" MacBook Pro earlier today. After porting my
            programs to it, I ran Aperture 1.1 and have to say that I was
            pleasantly surpeised at its speed. I have a whole lot of re-exploring
            of Aperture now that I don't have to "wait" for spinning pinwheels!

            Stan

            Image processing software Image processing Digital image processing
            Image processing system Mentor graphics Embossed graphics

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS