Feedback for Apple
In a ongoing effort to improve and refine the handling of RAW images in the Mac OS, Apple is interested in working with a broad range of sample images from professional photographers. If you have images that you feel exemplify particular aspects of RAW handling that require improvement, you can submit these to Apple for testing and evaluation purposes. Please be assured that any image content you send us will be used for internal testing purposes only. None of these images will be distributed to the public, used in any marketing capacity whatsoever, or included in public demos. They will be used exclusively to test and evaluate RAW image processing, with the goal of delivering improved RAW support for your camera in the future.
And here's what Apple would like to receive in each submission (this text is from the request sent to us in mid-January 2006):
- The original, unmodified RAW image. Please specify the camera
model used to create the image.
- A 16-bit TIFF version of the image created with Aperture using
all default settings (no adjustments, no Auto Exposure or Auto Levels).
- A 16-bit TIFF version of the image created with the RAW
decoder of your choice, also using default settings. If using the Adobe
Camera Raw plug-in, make sure all the "Auto" checkboxes have been
- Any notes or commentary you wish to provide regarding whatever weaknesses or strengths you see in the decode provided by Apple's software. When possible, point to specific areas in each image that you would like us to examine. Also include information about the camera, computer, and software used to create the image.
Please put all related files together into a single folder, then upload via FTP to the following server:
FTP Site: privftp.apple.com
After posting your files to the server, please send an email to aperturefeedback@... to notify us that the files are available.
- The original, unmodified RAW image. Please specify the camera model used to create the image.