iCloud

  • Alex Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 6, 2011
      So anyone expect Aperture to tap into iCloud anytime soon?

      Alex

      --
      ALEX  RODRIGUEZ
      studio 305-361-1992  |  toll free 888-815-0392
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 7, 2011
        Alex,

        As with everything else Apple does we'll just have to wait and see. Although their differences are noted, I wonder how long Apple will continue to expend resources creating two similar programs in the form of Aperture and iPhoto. Especially if you consider Aperture's user base compared to Lightroom. If I had to make a prediction, I see Apple discontinuing Aperture and adding it's features to iPhoto. It's possible Apple could leverage an "iPhoto Pro" version that would have additional features a user could unlock for a fee, kind of like Photoshop and Photoshop Extended. Access to iCloud would be virtually guaranteed. The new version of Final Cut X is getting closer in look and feel to iMovie, so we could see a similar merging there as well. Enjoy the ride!

        Paul

        --- In aperture@yahoogroups.com, Alex Rodriguez <Alex@...> wrote:

        > So anyone expect Aperture to tap into iCloud anytime soon?
        >
        > Alex
        >
        > --
        > ALEX RODRIGUEZ
        > studio 305-361-1992 | toll free 888-815-0392
        > website <http://www.alex-rodriguez.com/> |
        > blog<http://www.alexrodrigueznotebook.com/>|
        > facebook <http://www.facebook.com/alexrodriguezphotography> |
        > twitter<http://twitter.com/alexrodriguez>

      • Muhi Mu
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 7, 2011
          Hi

          I am new on this group. Although, I would've really liked to introduce myself more, I'd keep this one short. I just read this post on how to manage your transition from MobileMe to iCloud. There might be a few months of Blackout period in between. If you're wondering, step right up.

          http://wp.me/pYpBa-48

          If you like the post, please also visit www.facebook.com/arjunsinghal and press the like button.

          Warm Regards,

          Muhi Mu
          kimyamwana@...

          Visit us at www.blowtrumpet.com
          Follow us on twitter at http://twitter.com/blowtrumpet and on facebook at www.facebook.com/blowtrumpet

          Make me your facebook friend at www.facebook.com/muhimu

          On 07-Jun-2011, at 6:35 PM, iconimage2002 wrote:

          Alex,

          As with everything else Apple does we'll just have to wait and see. Although their differences are noted, I wonder how long Apple will continue to expend resources creating two similar programs in the form of Aperture and iPhoto. Especially if you consider Aperture's user base compared to Lightroom. If I had to make a prediction, I see Apple discontinuing Aperture and adding it's features to iPhoto. It's possible Apple could leverage an "iPhoto Pro" version that would have additional features a user could unlock for a fee, kind of like Photoshop and Photoshop Extended. Access to iCloud would be virtually guaranteed. The new version of Final Cut X is getting closer in look and feel to iMovie, so we could see a similar merging there as well. Enjoy the ride!

          Paul

          --- In aperture@yahoogroups.com, Alex Rodriguez <Alex@...> wrote:

          > So anyone expect Aperture to tap into iCloud anytime soon?
          >
          > Alex
          >
          > --
          > ALEX RODRIGUEZ
          > studio 305-361-1992 | toll free 888-815-0392
          > website <http://www.alex-rodriguez.com/> |
          > blog<http://www.alexrodrigueznotebook.com/>|
          > facebook <http://www.facebook.com/alexrodriguezphotography> |
          > twitter<http://twitter.com/alexrodriguez>

        • Mitch Aunger
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 8, 2011
            I don't see aperture going away any time soon... Don't have any facts to back that up, but I just don't see it

            planetMitch
            HDSLR evangelist
            the best HDSLR information on the planet!
            now with the most complete HDSLR news

            Please support planet5D by using this link before buying absolutely anything on amazon - it adds nothing to your cost

            On Jun 7, 2011, at 8:05 AM, iconimage2002 wrote:

            Alex,

            As with everything else Apple does we'll just have to wait and see. Although their differences are noted, I wonder how long Apple will continue to expend resources creating two similar programs in the form of Aperture and iPhoto. Especially if you consider Aperture's user base compared to Lightroom. If I had to make a prediction, I see Apple discontinuing Aperture and adding it's features to iPhoto. It's possible Apple could leverage an "iPhoto Pro" version that would have additional features a user could unlock for a fee, kind of like Photoshop and Photoshop Extended. Access to iCloud would be virtually guaranteed. The new version of Final Cut X is getting closer in look and feel to iMovie, so we could see a similar merging there as well. Enjoy the ride!

            Paul

            --- In aperture@yahoogroups.com, Alex Rodriguez <Alex@...> wrote:

            > So anyone expect Aperture to tap into iCloud anytime soon?
            >
            > Alex
            >
            > --
            > ALEX RODRIGUEZ
            > studio 305-361-1992 | toll free 888-815-0392
            > website <http://www.alex-rodriguez.com/> |
            > blog<http://www.alexrodrigueznotebook.com/>|
            > facebook <http://www.facebook.com/alexrodriguezphotography> |
            > twitter<http://twitter.com/alexrodriguez>

          • Ron Lussier
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 8, 2011
              I think that the question was more "When will Aperture support the photo stream from iCloud?"

              Ron

              On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 5:28 AM, Mitch Aunger <planetmitch@...> wrote:

              I don't see aperture going away any time soon... Don't have any facts to back that up, but I just don't see it

              planetMitch
              HDSLR evangelist
              the best HDSLR information on the planet!
              now with the most complete HDSLR news

              Please support planet5D by using this link before buying absolutely anything on amazon - it adds nothing to your cost

              On Jun 7, 2011, at 8:05 AM, iconimage2002 wrote:

              Alex,

              As with everything else Apple does we'll just have to wait and see. Although their differences are noted, I wonder how long Apple will continue to expend resources creating two similar programs in the form of Aperture and iPhoto. Especially if you consider Aperture's user base compared to Lightroom. If I had to make a prediction, I see Apple discontinuing Aperture and adding it's features to iPhoto. It's possible Apple could leverage an "iPhoto Pro" version that would have additional features a user could unlock for a fee, kind of like Photoshop and Photoshop Extended. Access to iCloud would be virtually guaranteed. The new version of Final Cut X is getting closer in look and feel to iMovie, so we could see a similar merging there as well. Enjoy the ride!

              Paul

              --- In aperture@yahoogroups.com, Alex Rodriguez <Alex@...> wrote:

              > So anyone expect Aperture to tap into iCloud anytime soon?
              >
              > Alex
              >
              > --
              > ALEX RODRIGUEZ
              > studio 305-361-1992 | toll free 888-815-0392
              > website <http://www.alex-rodriguez.com/> |
              > blog<http://www.alexrodrigueznotebook.com/>|
              > facebook <http://www.facebook.com/alexrodriguezphotography> |
              > twitter<http://twitter.com/alexrodriguez>

              --
              ron lussier / lenscraft                           fine art photography
              rlussier@...                              89 crescent avenue

              "You may be certain that the world is heading for destruction, but it's a good thing, a moral thing, to behave as though there's still hope. Hope is as contagious as despair: your hope, or show of hope, is a gift you can give to your neighbour, and may even help to prevent or delay the destruction of his world," — Primo Levi, 1985

            • nhoward5040
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 9, 2011
                I kind of thought that when Apple lowered the price of Aperture 3 to $80 in the app store, that it was doing it because the release of Aperture 4 was going to be soon. I have no facts to back that up either, but it was my thought at the time. Time will tell!

                Nancy

                --- In aperture@yahoogroups.com, Mitch Aunger <planetmitch@...> wrote:

                > I don't see aperture going away any time soon... Don't have any facts to back that up, but I just don't see it
                >

                > planetMitch
                > HDSLR evangelist
                > www.planet5D.com
                > the best HDSLR information on the planet!
                > now with the most complete HDSLR news
                > more about me: http://blog.planet5d.com/aboutme
                >
                > Please support planet5D by using this link before buying absolutely anything on amazon - it adds nothing to your cost
                > http://blog.planet5d.com/amazon
                >
                > On Jun 7, 2011, at 8:05 AM, iconimage2002 wrote:
                >

                > > Alex,
                > >
                > > As with everything else Apple does we'll just have to wait and see. Although their differences are noted, I wonder how long Apple will continue to expend resources creating two similar programs in the form of Aperture and iPhoto. Especially if you consider Aperture's user base compared to Lightroom. If I had to make a prediction, I see Apple discontinuing Aperture and adding it's features to iPhoto. It's possible Apple could leverage an "iPhoto Pro" version that would have additional features a user could unlock for a fee, kind of like Photoshop and Photoshop Extended. Access to iCloud would be virtually guaranteed. The new version of Final Cut X is getting closer in look and feel to iMovie, so we could see a similar merging there as well. Enjoy the ride!
                > >
                > > Paul
                > >
                > > --- In aperture@yahoogroups.com, Alex Rodriguez <Alex@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > So anyone expect Aperture to tap into iCloud anytime soon?
                > > >
                > > > Alex
                > > >
                > > > --
                > > > ALEX RODRIGUEZ
                > > > studio 305-361-1992 | toll free 888-815-0392
                > > > website <http://www.alex-rodriguez.com/> |
                > > > blog<http://www.alexrodrigueznotebook.com/>|
                > > > facebook <http://www.facebook.com/alexrodriguezphotography> |
                > > > twitter<http://twitter.com/alexrodriguez>

              • George Siede
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 9, 2011
                  I think it might be more related to the lowering of prices for most software in general in the app store.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 9, 2011
                    Yes, it is a brilliant move on Apple’s part if you ask me... they’ve learned from their own app store that you’ll sell more if the price is low enough. They’ve also got so much cash in the bank they can afford to drop prices.

                    now, if they’d only do it on the hardware!

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 9, 2011
                      Hardware is the cash cow!

                      I wish they would use that stash of cash and buy Adobe.

                      On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Mitch Aunger <planetmitch@...> wrote:

> [...]

                      > > Paul
                      > >
                      > > --- In aperture@yahoogroups.com, Alex Rodriguez <Alex@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > So anyone expect Aperture to tap into iCloud anytime soon?
                      > > >
                      > > > Alex
                      > > >
                      > > > --
                      > > > ALEX RODRIGUEZ
                      > > > studio 305-361-1992 | toll free 888-815-0392
                      > > > website <http://www.alex-rodriguez.com/> |
                      > > > blog<http://www.alexrodrigueznotebook.com/>|
                      > > > facebook <http://www.facebook.com/alexrodriguezphotography> |
                      > > > twitter<http://twitter.com/alexrodriguez>

                      --
                      ALEX  RODRIGUEZ
                      studio 305-361-1992  |  toll free 888-815-0392
                    • Robin Quon
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 9, 2011
                        Please explain why buying Adobe would be a good move by Apple.

                        On Jun 9, 2011, at 12:34 PM, Alex Rodriguez <Alex@...> wrote:

                        Hardware is the cash cow!

                        I wish they would use that stash of cash and buy Adobe. <325.png>