Aperture now $80 in the new Apple App Store

  • Mitch Aunger
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 6, 2011
      http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aperture/id408981426?mt=12

      planetMitch
      HDSLR evangelist
      www.planet5D.com
      the best HDSLR information on the planet!
      now with the most complete HDSLR news coverage of all top news sources: http://blog.planet5d.com/hdslr-news/

      Please support planet5D by using this link before buying absolutely anything on amazon - it adds nothing to your cost
      http://blog.planet5d.com/amazon

    • Victoria L. Herring
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 10, 2011
        Re: [aperture] Aperture now $80 in the new Apple App Store

        http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aperture/id408981426?mt=12

        I think that's a great deal but be sure to read the license on the non-commercial limits == but it's a great way and cheap way to introduce non-professional photographers to Aperture.
        --

        Victoria L. Herring, Gallery:  http://gallery.journeyzing.com/  [images, ordering site];  Blogs:  http://blog.journeyzing.com [JZ];  http://www.herringlaw.com [lawfirm]; Chicago Photo Forum Int'l. Comp. Award of Excellence, 2010 [http://www.chicagophotoforum.org];
      • Mitch Aunger
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 10, 2011
          I see nothing in there about non-commercial use.

          there's a reference to H.264 which has restrictions

          but unless I'm blind I didn't see anything about the app

          planetMitch
          HDSLR evangelist

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 10, 2011
            >I see nothing in there about non-commercial use.

            I think it's in the registration to go onto the store

            ===

            Terms and Conditions, Usage Rules, para (i).
            See below.

            USAGE RULES

            (i) You shall be authorized to use Products only for personal,
            noncommercial use.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 11, 2011
              I think you're reading too much into that

              I don't believe it means you can't produce commercial work with the application

              planetMitch
              HDSLR evangelist