structure (v2 vs v3)

  • Keven Fedirko
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2010
      Help, I'm going crazy trying to second guess why the structure has
      changed, and how to replicate what I used to do in a very simple
      process ::

      <http://www.kevenfedirko.com/tmp/Aperture.2.vs.3.gif>

      The projects used to be yellow, and automatically have a folder
      structure to them - either one or multiple folders which I would
      import (command-shift-I), select the folder[s], and import.

      I tried both options to import now (keeping the files where they are,
      and not adding them to the aperture library file) - but they both
      seem to give the same result, which is to NOT use the project name -
      in this case "20100703-SledIslandFestival" - which is just empty, and
      then create [in this case] five new project files based on the five
      directories that I just selected for import.

      I can not seem to find any way to re-create this twirl-down folder
      structure idea anymore, and it's driving me mental.

      k.
    • Keven Fedirko
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 19, 2010
        >I can not seem to find any way to re-create this twirl-down folder
        >structure idea anymore, and it's driving me mental.
        >
        >k.

        Seems File -> Import -> Folders as Projects
        then select Folders as Projects and have the initial directory as the
        selection in the browser window creates albums named as I wished from
        v2.1.4

        Whew...

        k.