v2.1.4 -> v3 woes

  • Keven Fedirko
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2010
      Well, I picked up the upgrade from an apple store the other day,
      updated my vault, now installed the upgrade, and it asks about
      updating the picture files - which I figured I'd defer until I get
      the app to show up and update the library ... except it says 104GB is
      not enough space to do its thing. The finder says my aperture
      library is only 125GB, but copying it to another (larger drive -
      1.5TB vs 0.75TB) that it's 290GB, and will take about 2 hours.

      Any trick to point the library to the new drive when it's done the copy?

      k.
    • Allan

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 23, 2010
          >Hold down the alt key as you start Aperture.
          >
          >Allan

          Thanks - that let me pick an alternate, and even showed me a library
          I'd forgotten about from when I had a MacBookPro system. We'll see
          what happens in a few hours I guess ... 210,551 remaining masters to
          chew through ...

          k.