referenced iphoto files

  • wtrbg8
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3 11:16 AM
      Hi
      I imported my iphoto pictures having them referenced in aperture 3.
      recently I copied my iphoto library to an external drive and am unable to connect my files Aperture sees them as offline but when I try to reconnect and point to the new iphoto library there s no path to the originals. is there a way to reconnect or do I delete in aperture and reimport?
    • Eric
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4 6:45 PM
        You select the "File->Locate Referenced Files" menu, click on one of the red file references at the top, then look down below in the dialog and click on the volume where the photos currently reside. Navigate to the folder where the file is that you clicked on at the top. Then once the two photos are visible (to make sure it is indeed the correct photo, click on "Reconnect All" button if there's more than one. Any files it can find it will relinked. I've done that a lot in the past week. :-D

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4 10:08 PM
          I've gotten as far as clicking on the red file name but there is no referenced file in the lower pane. I point it
          mybook->iphotolibrary and the third panel I get events and my albums but no pictures.

          I've noticed in the far left panel it lists other places like desktop,pictures and at the bottom is iphotolibrary but that does nothing and I'm not able to point my current iphotlibrary to it.....