Aperture, 5d Mark II and tether ??

  • Debbi
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 13 4:23 PM
      Now I'm using a Mac Laptop, Canon 5D Mark II and EOS/DPP to tether.
      After about 50-100 shots (not fast shooting) the compter completely
      locks up. I have to shut down everything and startup again.

      My friend has a PC and the older 5D Canon and uses Breeze browser and
      has the exact same problem.
      I never had a problem with my 40D and tethering. My friend bought
      Capture ONe Pro and the problem disappeared. Gosh I hate to plunk
      down $300.00 bucks just to tether without problems
      Any tips, help?

      Does Aperture cause lockup also?
      Thanks
      Debbi
    • Keven Fedirko
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 14 5:15 AM
        sounds like a memory leak in the program - send feedback to apple,
        and let Canon know.

        k.
      • Debbi
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 14 9:21 AM
          I had others say that, but it does not explain my friend who has the
          same problem and has a PC and used Breeze Browser.

          I was thinking possibly DPP/EOS has some sort of buffer that is filling up??
          I do appreciate your reply however.

          Does no one tether on this list?

          Debbi

          >sounds like a memory leak in the program - send feedback to apple,
          >and let Canon know.
          >
          >k.
        • Keven Fedirko
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 21 12:51 PM
            >I had others say that, but it does not explain my friend who has the
            >same problem and has a PC and used Breeze Browser.

            True on one hand, but that logic also should not rule out a same or
            similar problem with the other platform (or every platform) - then
            again, it could be the hardware itself (5d). Having worked in the
            high-end s/w industry, it opened my eyes to "the squeaky wheel gets
            the grease". Also helps if the squeeky wheel owns a pile of 5d's I'm
            sure, or if your name is perhaps Annie Leibovitz.

            :)

            Nobody is going to fix something they don't know is a problem, and
            even if they know ... sometimes even if it's a showstopper, unless
            you are Leibovitz they still put it on the back burner.

            But that said, if you say nothing ... then, you are pretty much
            assured that nothing will get fixed.

            >I was thinking possibly DPP/EOS has some sort of buffer that is filling up??
            >I do appreciate your reply however.
            >
            >Does no one tether on this list?

            I'd only done a little bit with an apple script hack, as aperture
            didn't seem to recognize my SONY a700 back in the summer.

            k.
          • Debbi
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 21 1:30 PM
              Thanks Keven