How do I enable "plate metadata"

  • imagequest2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2009
      I'm on p.185, #12 of the "Aperture 1.5" manual, "Customizing Text" in
      a Web journal. I am unable to find "enable plate metadata". That
      allows me to number pix sequentially on journal pages. Any ideas? Help!
    • Keven Fedirko
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 19, 2009
        >There is 1 message in this issue.
        >
        >Topics in this digest:
        >
        >1. How do I enable "plate metadata"
        > From: imagequest2002
        >

        >Message
        >1. How do I enable "plate metadata"
        > Posted by: "imagequest2002" imagequest2002@... imagequest2002
        > Date: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:14 am ((PST))
        >
        >I'm on p.185, #12 of the "Aperture 1.5" manual, "Customizing Text" in
        >a Web journal. I am unable to find "enable plate metadata". That
        >allows me to number pix sequentially on journal pages. Any ideas? Help!

        I glossed through those pages, but do not see the references you are
        talking about.

        the enable metadata is a checkbox buried inside a jpg dialog (called
        Include Metadata in v2.1.2). When you go to export out the gallery,
        files, webpages, etc. you can select a preset (two of them) - for
        thumbnails, and a separate one for the regular files themselves. If
        you then select that (or have it chosen, then call up the option
        again, and scroll to the bottom of the menu, you have an "Edit..."
        option. Edit this, and in the top right of the window is a single
        checkbox for enabling the meta data to be added to the file.

        For some reason the keywords are still not saved out to the file, but
        the EXIF data seems to be added now.

        When you end up looking at the webpage, it should then add the file
        name to each header of the actual window in the web-browser of choice.

        k.