exporting ratings

  • John Ennis
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 12, 2008
      I just returned from a trip. Using Aperture on my laptop I edited the photos I took and gave
      them rating, placing the results in smart folders.

      Now back home, I would like to add this project intact to the Aperture Library on my studio
      workstation (G5). I can export the masters but not the ratings or smart albums.
      Any work-around here?

      Thanks.

      John
    • Toby Harbanuk

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 12, 2008
          Export the project, not the masters, then import to the new library.

          ---
          SN

          On 12-Oct-08, at 4:41 PM, "John Ennis" <john@...> wrote:

          > I just returned from a trip. Using Aperture on my laptop I edited
          > the photos I took and gave
          > them rating, placing the results in smart folders.
          >
          > Now back home, I would like to add this project intact to the
          > Aperture Library on my studio
          > workstation (G5). I can export the masters but not the ratings or
          > smart albums.
          > Any work-around here?
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          > John

        • John Ennis
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 13, 2008
            The star ratings did not follow with the masters export. I exported the masters, since the
            option to export the project was greyed-out (unavailable).

            Do you know why this would be unavailable?

            John

            --- In aperture@yahoogroups.com, "Toby Harbanuk" <tobstah@...> wrote:

            > The ratings and keywords should follow the images when you export the
            > project. You can recreate the smart albums in your other library based on
            > the same search criteria.
            >
            > Toby
            >
            > On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 3:41 PM, John Ennis <john@...> wrote:
            >
            > > I just returned from a trip. Using Aperture on my laptop I edited the
            > > photos I took and gave
            > > them rating, placing the results in smart folders.
            > >
            > > Now back home, I would like to add this project intact to the Aperture
            > > Library on my studio
            > > workstation (G5). I can export the masters but not the ratings or smart
            > > albums.
            > > Any work-around here?
            > >
            > > Thanks.
            > >
            > > John

          • Keven Fedirko
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 13, 2008
              >The star ratings did not follow with the masters export. I exported
              >the masters, since the
              >option to export the project was greyed-out (unavailable).
              >
              >Do you know why this would be unavailable?
              >
              >John

              This is a strange quirk, which I haven't quite nailed down - perhaps
              they've resolved it in v2.1.1, but try selecting another project,
              then the project you want, and check the menu again. It might be a
              "feature", but to me, it's a bug - might not let you export a project
              if you have anything 'selected' in the project itself, which in a way
              would make sense ... but still stupid in my estimation.

              k.