New member

  • Gregg
    Message 1 of 14 , May 1, 2008
      Greetings all;

      Just joined the group. I use a Canon 30D with a couple of 'L' lenses and a decent prime, and have an older iMac G5 desktop with Elements 4 and Canon DPP. Don't do much in the way of post processing yet. I'll be watching the group to try and learn what Aperture might be able to do for me that the other two programs can't.

      Gregg

    • Alex Rodriguez
      Message 2 of 14 , May 1, 2008
        Hi Gregg-

        Welcome to the group!

        Alex

        On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 10:18 AM, Gregg <sailingpilot1@...> wrote:

        Greetings all;

        Just joined the group. I use a Canon 30D with a couple of 'L' lenses and a decent prime, and have an older iMac G5 desktop with Elements 4 and Canon DPP. Don't do much in the way of post processing yet. I'll be watching the group to try and learn what Aperture might be able to do for me that the other two programs can't.

        Gregg

        ALEX RODRIGUEZ PHOTOGRAPHY
        studio 305-361-1992 | toll free 888-815-0392 | fax 305-847-7787
        http://AlexRodriguezPhotography.com | http://AlexRodriguezNotebook.com | Alex@...
      • Mitch Aunger
        Message 3 of 14 , May 1, 2008
          Welcome to the discussion! (tho we've been kind of quiet lately)

          Just to brag a little I guess (since it has been so quiet lately)... i'm celebrating the end of my first week with my new Canon 5d! I splurged a little and decided that i wanted to get out of the small sensors and into the full size one. I'm glad i did... see my signature to read my 5d blog if you're interested.

          I haven't been able to shoot much with it yet - in some ways i'm still trying to get used to it since the functions are somewhat different from my Xti. I love the larger size tho as i have large hands and this just fits better.

          Anyway, welcome again to the group. Oh - and i'm a mac guy too - i've got a 24" imac - wish i had one of the new ones announced this week (also mentioned in the blog)

          Mitch

          I've just found and purchased a Canon EOS 5D 12.8 MP Digital SLR Camera with EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens thru Amazon <http://tinyurl.com/4acoq4> - $2750 for both! Or, just the body <http://tinyurl.com/62qz8k>. Now, for full disclosure, those links include an affiliate link which gives me a 4% commission for your purchase. A great deal for you and a good deal for me.

          My 5d Blog

          the MicrostockWiki

          On May 1, 2008, at 9:18 AM, Gregg wrote:

          Greetings all;

          Just joined the group. I use a Canon 30D with a couple of 'L' lenses and a decent prime, and have an older iMac G5 desktop with Elements 4 and Canon DPP. Don't do much in the way of post processing yet. I'll be watching the group to try and learn what Aperture might be able to do for me that the other two programs can't.

          Gregg

          Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

        • Alex Rodriguez