Re: [Apache:ASP] Configuring threads ?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2003
      PhilNadavallil@... wrote:
      > Everyone,
      >
      > My application consists of several dlls written in VB. I am using Apache::ASP with a Server-->CreateObject to create and pass in the parameters.
      >
      > Everything seems to work well, except when I do a GetObject on a running executable. The flow looks like:
      > Apache:ASP ----> CreateObject(First.dll)---->GetObject(,"Second.func")
      > BUT
      > If I substitute a VB test interface instead of the Apache::ASP everything works well, meaning I am able to do the GetObject and retrieve values from the executable.
      >
      > This makes me wonder if the problem has to do with some configuration of threads in Apache::ASP. Am I far off the mark?

      If you think this is threads related, try MaxClients 1 in apache 1.3.x
      and PerlInterpMax 1 in Apache 2.

      I haven't worked with the COM/OLE interface much that $Server->CreateObject
      invokes, so don't know what kind of troubles you are running into.
      Further research might come up with something looking at Win32::OLE
      interface and maybe on perl-win32 groups.