Re: Redirect after $Response->Flush using $Server->RegisterCleanup

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2003
      Fernando Munoz wrote:
      > I'm trying to make an ASP script to do some work after the actual HTML has
      > been served and, as a result of that procedure to go, redirect, execute
      > another script where a new HTML page is served. I've tried using
      > $Server->RegisterCleanup after $Response->Flush but it seems like as
      > consequence of these operations $Server->Execute or $Server->Transfer are
      > not able to work, claiming that "no include "http://myserver/myscript" at
      > .....ASP line 1434". Is there a way to do such a thing or after cleaning no
      > object can pick the flag to redirect/transfer?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Fernando I. Munoz

      Architecturally, this just can't be done, because once you have served
      the HTML, your opportunity to redirect with a HTTP header like
      via $Response->Redirect is lost.

      Just the same a internal redirect like a $Server->Transfer can only be
      done during the main processing stage of the script output, not in
      RegisterCleanup post-processing because by that point the HTTP request
      is effectively done for the web client.

      If you relax your requirement, say to have the user see output which
      then redirects them to another page, then you can handle this logic
      with client side javascript, but that javascript would be necessarily
      not tied to backend execution logic. If you a looking to deliver
      the results of a long running report for example, you could have
      a script loop on itself until the results are done, then render the
      real report for example.