CPAN problem

  • israel fenor
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 22, 2003
      Hi to all!!

      I've tried to install Apache::ASP using CPAN. All works fine but when
      the system try to get Digest::MD5 package can't do it, all messages
      talks about "File not found"...

      The package version is Digest-MD5-2.23.tar.gz and in the CPAN mirror
      there are Digest-MD5-2.22.tar.gz version.

      What can i do?

      Thanks for advance.
      --

      *Israel Fenor* | Web Developer
      israel@... <mailto:israel@...>

      cercleweb, S.L. - Muntaner, 305 pral 2º - 08021 Barcelona
      Tel: 93 2411726 - Fax: 93 3621342

      copyright © 2002 www.cercleweb.com <http://www.cercleweb.com>

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 22, 2003
        israel fenor wrote:
        > Hi to all!!
        >
        > I've tried to install Apache::ASP using CPAN. All works fine but when
        > the system try to get Digest::MD5 package can't do it, all messages
        > talks about "File not found"...

        I believe modern perls ship with Digest::MD5 installed.

        You can do a quick test to see if it is installed on your system by
        running a command like:

        perl -MDigest::MD5 -e ''

        and if there is no error output, then you have it installed.

        I will update the docs to reflect that it is not needed to be
        done now for recent perl distributions.