Re: Forums

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2003
      Ian Cass wrote:
      > Has anyone come across forum software written in Apache::ASP, or has anyone
      > got any experience of packages that are easily integrated?

      If there are not any already that work with Apache::ASP directly,
      its easy to embed or convert CGI scripts to Apache::ASP ones, just
      wrap the script with <% %>, or include it directly with a command
      like

      <% do "forum.pl"; %>

      If you wanted to capture & post process the output you might also
      try something like:

      my $output = $Response->TrapInclude('cgiwrap.inc', 'forum.pl');
      $$output =~ ... # post process it
      print $$output;

      and then cgiwrap.inc could look like:

      <%
      my $file = shift;
      do $file;
      %>

      Another simpler way to invoke this might be:

      my $output = $Response->TrapInclude(\"do forum.pl");

      The only reason to capture & post process the output is if you want
      to preserve the original script, but allow for it to be embeded
      in an ASP page, so that you might strip things like <html> & <body>
      tags.