IIS:ASP to APACHE:ASP

  • aadluv <aadluv@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 14, 2003
      Hi,

      I have developed a web application using IIS/ASP. Can i make the same
      compatible with APACHE:ASP.

      If yes then can u guide me with the standard steps required to go
      about with the transition if u have experience or have come across
      the same scenario.

      If no, then is there any other way of making ASP compatible with
      APACHE? If yes, please suggest the same.

      Thanks in advance.

      Regards,
      Aadesh.

    • Csongor Fagyal
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 15, 2003
        aadluv wrote:

        >Hi,
        >
        >I have developed a web application using IIS/ASP. Can i make the same
        >compatible with APACHE:ASP.

        Not easily. In general, Apache::ASP and IIS/ASP are not compatible: the
        first uses Perl, while the other uses VBScript (or something like that
        :-)) You could convert them, but I am not sure if that is
        algorythmically possible. But you can do this by hand easily, the two
        systems are very similar. (We have even done RXML to ASP conversion by
        hand - if that is possible, everything else is :-))

        >If yes then can u guide me with the standard steps required to go
        >about with the transition if u have experience or have come across
        >the same scenario.

        See above. And, you must know Perl and Apache::ASP to do this.

        >If no, then is there any other way of making ASP compatible with
        >APACHE? If yes, please suggest the same.

        I do not think so, but let the pros answer this.

        - Cs.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 15, 2003
          Csongor Fagyal wrote:

          >> If no, then is there any other way of making ASP compatible with
          >> APACHE? If yes, please suggest the same.
          >>

          > I do not think so, but let the pros answer this.

          VBScript ASP can be made compatible with other systems, please see:

          http://www.apache-asp.org/faq.html#VBScript%20or%201a79dae2

          PerlScript ASP works just fine under Apache::ASP

          -- Josh