Re: Image + Session

  • Philip Mak
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2003
      On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 02:37:12PM +0100, Csongor Fagyal wrote:
      > I have a site where users can upload pictures. I would not like
      > anyone to link to these pictures from other sites. I am thinking
      > about writing an ASP script that checks the referrer and not serve
      > the images if the referer is not that of the main site. This is OK
      > but probably one of you could suggest a better solution... let me
      > know if you have a good idea.

      RewriteEngine On
      RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$ [NC]
      RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://([a-z0-9-]+\.)*shoujoai.com/ [NC]
      RewriteRule .*\.(gif|jpg|jpeg|bmp|png)$ - [F,NC]

      The above is something you can stick into your Apache configuration to
      do that. It'll affect all gif/jpg/jpeg/bmp/png files. You just have to
      replace "shoujoai.com" with your domain name.

    • Peter Galbavy
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10, 2003
        I use something like:

        <%
        my $allowed = 'x.com|y.com';

        unless (exists $ENV{HTTP_REFERER} && $ENV{HTTP_REFERER} =~
        /^http:\/\/($allowed)\//) {
        $Response->{Status} = NOT_FOUND;
        $Response->End;

        %>

        This is from memory so *excuse* the syntax and regexp errors ...

        Peter