Re: Compress::Zlib

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2003
      Csongor Fagyal wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > This might be a bit off-topic.
      >
      > I am using Compress::Zlib in Apache::ASP to give me compressed content
      > baceuse I am transfering lots of XML data periodically. Now the
      > question: how can I fetch zipped content using Perl? If I simply use LWP
      > (say LWP::Request::Common), will it automatically tell the server that
      > it can accept gzipped encoding? Do I have to set that manually? (It it
      > possible at all?)

      If you set

      Accept-Encoding: gzip

      as an client HTTP header, then you would get gzip output.
      But then you might be stuck ungzipping the document body.

      > Another, less off-topic :-)
      >
      > If I have an include, say include.asp which contains something like
      > my $variable;
      > this variable is visible in example.asp if I do
      > <!--#include file="include.asp"-->
      > in it.
      >
      > Will this behaviour change if I se DynamicIncludes to 1?

      Yes, DynamicIncludes is similar to calling the include as

      <% $Response->Include('include.asp'); %>

      So you do not see the variables in the same scope.

      The nice thing is that includes can be shared between
      scripts and only compiled once per process.