Re: unknown entity blah - '&' problem

  • Peter Galbavy
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 9, 2003
      And $Server->URL() ???

      If it is a small patch or one line fix (for the two) then just those - I
      am trying to run a live server with as few 'upgrades' as possible :)

      Peter

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 9, 2003
        Peter Galbavy wrote:
        > And $Server->URL() ???
        >
        > If it is a small patch or one line fix (for the two) then just those - I
        > am trying to run a live server with as few 'upgrades' as possible :)

        $Server->URL may or may not be used in generating URLs for use
        in HTML, so will not get this patch. The problem is specific to
        rendering & in HTML, not with & in URLs. If you want to escape
        & in $Server->URL generated URLs, you might try

        $Server->HTMLEncode($Server->URL($url, \%params));

        You can create a shortcut for this of course in global.asa.

        For the patch, you may look at the diffs between releases for
        the Response.pm module after 2.51 is out.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 9, 2003
          > $Server->URL may or may not be used in generating URLs for use
          > in HTML, so will not get this patch. The problem is specific to
          > rendering & in HTML, not with & in URLs. If you want to escape
          > & in $Server->URL generated URLs, you might try
          >
          > $Server->HTMLEncode($Server->URL($url, \%params));

          Good point. Lucky someone is watching :)

          Peter