Re: Security implemention question

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2003
      Richard Curtis wrote:
      > >Can anyone either point out any major problems with this approach, or
      > ---
      >
      > Sorry for taking so long to reply, but I had email "issues".
      > Thanks for this suggestion - it sounds like it will probably be just what I
      > need.
      > I have one further question though. Is there a list somewhere of all the
      > "ContentTypes".
      > Eg, if I am sending a word document, or a PDF, what is the content type ?

      In your apache distribution, you should have the file mime.types.
      Here are a couple lines from that file:

      application/msword doc
      application/pdf pdf

      Note, that for some browsers, they are not smart enough to
      know what this mime types tra pdf

      Note, that for some browsers, they are not smart enough to
      know what this mime types translate to, so you should also make sure
      to end the download URL with the document extension, like this:

      /download.asp?file=real_file_name.doc

      Especially for systems that associate extensions with applications,
      this can work pretty well.

      Regards,nslate to, so you should also make sure
      to end the download URL with the document extension, like this:

      /download.asp?file=real_file_name.doc

      Especially for systems that a pdf

      Note, that for some browsers, they are not smart enough to
      know what this mime types translate to, so you should also make sure
      to end the download URL with the document extension, like this:

      /download.asp?file=real_file_name.doc

      Especially for systems that associate extensions with applications,
      this can work pretty well.

      Regards,ssociate extensions with applications,
      this trick can work pretty well.