Re: [mp2] Having to reload apache when perl modules change

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2002
      Geoffrey Young wrote:

      > Richard Curtis wrote:
      >
      >> Hi again group.
      >> A quick question (but this might not be the right place).
      >> If this is the wrong place to ask, please point me in the direction of
      >> the
      >> right place.
      >

      > you're in the right place, don't worry :)
      >

      >> I have a web app written using mod_perl2 and apache::ASP.
      >> When I change the code in a perl module, I have to restart apache to make
      >> the changes appear to all children.
      >> Is there a way of avoiding this - maybe with an apache directive - so
      >> that
      >> all modules are re-read by all children without a restart ?

      Also note the native Apache::ASP configs StatINC and StatINCMatch
      work too. These can be good as they handle reloading ASP
      compiled packages smoothly without undefining ASP related symbols.

      Note that these settings should only be used in development
      and for reloading code in production a full stop/start should
      be done.