Re: Apache-ASP on Apache2

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 9, 2002
      Richard Curtis wrote:
      > I have finally gotten Apache::ASP to work, and once again, it was down to my
      > error.
      > I forgot to add "PerlModule Apache2" to the httpd.conf.
      > After adding this, everything worked as expected.

      What was the error before adding PerlModule Apache2 ?
      I can have Apache::ASP automatically try to load that instead
      when it loads up. I thought I had that covered by loading
      Apache::compat ...

    • Richard Curtis
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 9, 2002
        > > I have finally gotten Apache::ASP to work, and once again, it was down
        to my
        > > error.
        > > I forgot to add "PerlModule Apache2" to the httpd.conf.
        > > After adding this, everything worked as expected.
        > >

        > What was the error before adding PerlModule Apache2 ?
        > I can have Apache::ASP automatically try to load that instead
        > when it loads up. I thought I had that covered by loading
        > Apache::compat ...

        Below is the error I receive without PerlModule Apache2:

        [Mon Dec 09 19:59:41 2002] [info] Server built: Dec 8 2002 14:56:25
        No valid request object (Apache::RequestRec=SCALAR(0x81a16ac)) passed to ASP
        handler; if you are getting
        this error message, you likely have a broken DSO version of mod_perl
        which often occurs when using RedHat RPMs. One fix reported is to
        configure "PerlSendHeader On". Another fix is to compile
        statically the apache + mod_perl build as RedHat RPMs have been trouble.
        Please check FAQ or mod_perl archives for more information.

        Placing PerlModule Apache2 in httpd.conf fixes all problems.

        Richard

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2003
          I am new to Apache and ASP, but was successful in getting Apache2 to
          run on Windows.

          I have also been able to run aspx on the same machine using a proxy
          server, Cassini. I'll attach the link for that.

          Here is the code I added to my config file that make ASP work with
          Windows/Apache:

          <Files *.asp>
          SetHandler perl-script
          PerlHandler Apache::ASP
          PerlSetVar Global C:/Windows/temp
          PerlSetVar CookiePath /
          PerlSetVar AllowSessionState 1
          PerlSetVar SessionTimeout 20
          #PerlSetVar Debug 2
          # have "use strict;" by default, recommended
          PerlSetVar UseStrict 1
          # when errors occur in ASP, print out debug info
          PerlSetVar Debug 2
          PerlSetVar BufferingOn 1
          PerlSetVar StatINC 1
          PerlSetVar SessionSerialize 0