Re: dummy.asp not working on my host's servers

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2002
      chrisdavc wrote:
      > Josh,
      >
      > Is this configuration issue likely to be handled by the host, or
      > is it something I should do, like the blurb I saw about my .htaccess?

      A good start for a *test* config might be:

      <Files ~ (\.asp)>
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlModule Apache::ASP
      PerlHandler Apache::ASP
      PerlSetVar Global .
      PerlSetVar StateDir /tmp/asp_yourusername
      </Files>

      You would put this in a .htaccess file in the same directory
      as your script you want to execute. If that does not work,
      you will have to talk to you hosting provider about getting
      .htaccess files activated.

      Please see http://www.apache-asp.org/config.html and
      http://www.apache-asp.org/install.html#Quick%20Start
      on getting going with a configuration.

      If running Apache::ASP under mod_perl does not work as normal,
      you might try to see if your hosting provider has the asp-perl
      script installed for CGI mode ASP. You can read more on this at:

      http://www.apache-asp.org/cgi.html#Standalone%20Cbddd74cc