XSLT

  • Raghu.Nalamada@ubsw.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2002
      Hi All ,

      Is there any option in XSLT which will let us generates HTML tags in XSLT . Iam having a problem where iam not closing </tr> for </tr> due to a condition and hence it will be closed in a different template . If i use direct XSL i get as expected malformed HTML syntax errors.

      Thanks

      Raghu

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2002
        Wanted to be clear i don't use Asp scripts which are XML files but use runtime XML and XSL files hence cannot use as in ur examples

        PerlSetVar XMLSubsMatch site:\w+

        A simple tag like:
        <site:header title="Page Title" />

        can be constructed that could translate into:
        sub site::header {
        my $args = shift;
        print "<body bgcolor=white>\n";
        }

        Any help would be very helpful.

        Thanks

        Raghu

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 8, 2002
          Raghu.Nalamada@... wrote:
          > Hi All ,
          >
          > Is there any option in XSLT which will let us generates HTML tags in XSLT . Iam having a problem where iam not closing </tr> for </tr> due to a condition and hence it will be closed in a different template . If i use direct XSL i get as expected malformed HTML syntax errors.

          While Apache::ASP does support XSLT rendering options, I believe
          XSLT questions would be better directed at another list
          that is specifically meant for XSLT questions ( XSLT is a
          really HUGE topic ).

          When doing XSLT, I have often found this ref card helpful:
          http://www.mulberrytech.com/quickref/XSLTquickref.pdf

          As far as closing </tr> tags & such, you just really need
          to make sure that you feed well formed XML into XSLT.
          XSLT will actually let you generate HTML in the XSL page
          that you define which you can see in the ./site/eg/template.xsl
          file in the Apache::ASP distribution.