Re: scoping for asp subs

  • dave_apache_asp
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2002
      Actually, that line doesn't work after all...

      I went back to removing the subroutine which is the only thing that
      has seemed to work. The only variables that aren't declared as 'my'
      in the subroutine are the intrinsic objects so I don't know how it
      could be a scoping issue. I guess I'm stumped. I'll just shut up
      now.

      thanks for tolerating me,
      -dave

      --- In apache-asp@y..., "dave_apache_asp" <dave_apache_asp@y...>
      wrote:
      > I added this line to my subroutine, which also fixes it:
      >
      > my $Request = $main::Request;
      >
      > I have been using strict all along, but referring to $Request in a
      > subroutine without fully qualifying it seems to be the problem.
      That