Re: MLDBM errors

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2002
      Tim Moore wrote:

      > More on those errors I'm getting. We haven't dropped the session support yet
      > but we had some more 'lock' ups and the following in the apache error log...
      >
      > MLDBM error: Please make sure
      > package.
      > Perl says: "Unrecognized character \x11 at
      > /opt/our_product/perl/lib/site_perl/5.6.1//MLDBM/Serializer/ line 1.
      > Compilation failed in require at

      I am betting now that your data you are storing is doing some
      kind of unlikely buffer overflow in some lib like SDBM_File
      or Data::Dumper, so try changing these with the StateSerializer
      and StateDB config settings. Once a perl lib has a buffer
      overflow, it can whack perl data structures arbitrarily
      resulting in really odd errors.

      > Seems that only Apache::ASP is out of date, though I can't find 2.37 on CPAN
      > any more (not at http://cpan.org/modules/by-module/Apache anyway). 2.35 and
      > 2.41 is there, though the readme for 2.41 doesn't say what's changed since
      > 2.35.

      Look at the CHANGES file in recent distributions for
      what has changed since 2.35.