Re: Segmentation Fault (11) using SQL with Apache ::ASP

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2002
      Fernando Munoz wrote:
      > Hi there,
      >
      > I hope someone can give me a clue about this problem. My configuration :
      > Perl 5.8.0 + Apache 1.3.26 + Mod_Perl 1.27 + Apache::ASP 2.41 + Mysql
      > 3.23.49 + DBI 1.30. Apache ASP seems to be working for everything but SQL
      > statements. I've already tried running the scripts from command line and CGI
      > (the ones containing the SQL statements) and they work just fine. All the
      > ASP scripts that I'm trying are working fine in production. I just upgraded
      > the development box to ASP 2.41 DBI 1.30 and Perl 5.8.0 and I can't make

      Make sure your mod_perl is built with the same perl 5.8.0 that you
      are installing new modules for. Outside of that, I think perl 5.8.0
      is your biggest variable that has changed, so if nothing else works,
      I would downgrade your installation to your old perl 5.6.x ...

      To hunt down this problem in greater detail, you might run the
      httpd in -X ( single server mode ) from the command line, and
      run it under strace or gdb to see where the problem is occuring
      exactly at a lower lever. In gdb you will be able to get a
      stack trace to submit to the relevant part.

      For strace ( assuming you are on Linux ) , I often do this:

      strace -eopen /path/to/httpd -X ...
      ... hit with browser/lwp-request/etc ...

      For gdb, I do:

      gdb /path/to/httpd
      gdb> run -X ...
      ... hit with browser/lwp-request/etc ...
      gdb> bt

      Good luck!

    • Fernando Munoz
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2002
        Thanks Josh, I'll first "hunt" a little before I downgrade the setup.