How to a open a mini browser and pass values from mini browser to main window.

  • Kulandaivadivel Duraisamy
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2002
      Hi All,

      I'm developing one asp application. In my asp page, i have one text box which should accept categories(for eg)..but before user select category, he needs to see description and other details about that category..for that i have to give one browse button ..when user clicks on browser button,it should open new mini browser window and query category table and populate all the rows with check box. user has to check any category and clicks done,the mini browser should be closed and selected category has to display in category  text box.

      how to do that?

      i know how to open mini browser and populate all the values. but when user click done on mini browser, how to close it and control come back to main window(means selected category display it in category text box)..

      Please give me idea..

      Thanks in advance..

      Regards

      -Vadivel

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2002
        Kulandaivadivel Duraisamy wrote:
        > Hi All,
        >
        > I'm developing one asp application. In my asp page, i have one text box
        > which should accept categories(for eg)..but before user select category,
        > he needs to see description and other details about that category..for
        > that i have to give one browse button ..when user clicks on browser
        > button,it should open new mini browser window and query category table
        > and populate all the rows with check box. user has to check any category
        > and clicks done,the mini browser should be closed and selected category
        > has to display in category text box.
        >
        > how to do that?
        >
        > i know how to open mini browser and populate all the values. but when
        > user click done on mini browser, how to close it and control come back
        > to main window(means selected category display it in category text box)..

        This is a JavaScript programming question, so this is not the
        right place to post it. At the very least, you should precede
        the subject with [OT] for off topic, so people can choose to
        ignore it since its not relevant.

        That said, you probably want to get yourself a programming
        book on JavaScript. I have JavaScript, The Definitive Guide
        published by O'Reilly, and its great.

        Normally, to get control back to a parent window, you might
        try something like: parent.window.focus or some such, the exact
        syntax escapes me, but that's the idea. To close a current window,
        its something like document.window.close.