Re: Win32 (Randy Kobes) Install: Anyone experienced this?

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2002
      Johnny Ooi wrote:
      > I downloaded and extracted Randy's version of the Apache engine with Perl and Apache::ASP. Now, I've got no gripes about it. It works fine, but the strange thing is this:
      >
      > In httpd.conf, it's got this fragment:
      >
      > Alias /manual/ "C:/Apache/htdocs/manual/"
      >
      > <Directory "C:/Apache/htdocs/manual">
      > Options Indexes FollowSymlinks MultiViews
      > AllowOverride None
      > Order allow,deny
      > Allow from all
      > </Directory>
      >
      > Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this mean that there is a virtual directory for the manual. Why is it, then, that when I type "http://localhost/manual" or "http://localhost/manual/", I get nothing? Also, even with the PHP files in the same directory, why does PHP not work either?

      This is not really about Apache::ASP, but a more general
      Apache configuration issue. This is not the correct list
      for posting about general Apache configuration issues, but
      I will try to answer your questions for now... ( please try
      to find a better list for things like this in the future )

      Yes, going to /manual/ should render documents from
      C:/Apache/htdocs/manual/ per the config you described.
      If there is a 404 error ( see browser/access_log), I would
      suspect the config to be overridden in some way, or
      C:/Apache/htdocs/manual/ to possibly not exist.
      If its a 403 error, then make sure things like
      like allow/deny rules are not getting in the way.
      403 might also indicate a file permissions error, but this
      is less likely.

      About PHP running under Randy's distribution, I have no idea
      whether or not he compiled support for PHP in, and would not
      be surprised if PHP did not work. Try to see if there
      is a mod_php type dll included with the distribution
      for your use.

      BTW, as far as I know, Randy does not read this list,
      so you may not get a personal response from him about this.

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
        Thanks for letting me know. I'll see if I can get any better info off
        of Randy himself.