Re: I have an Application that I need to port from IIS/ASP to Apache/Apache:ASP

  • Marcos Nobre
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2002
      Ok. Let me start again.

      First of all, I need to create a "site" that is pointed by a browser
      (naturaly) like :
      http://localhost/mysite

      What kind of entries (or directives) that I have to put in my httpd.conf file ?
      Actualy I have this :
      ### Main Configuration Section
      ### You really shouldn't change these settings unless you're a guru
      ###
      ServerName mnobre.ovtdom
      ServerType standalone
      ServerRoot /etc/httpd
      DocumentRoot /var/www
      LockFile /etc/httpd/httpd.lock
      PidFile /var/run/httpd.pid
      ScoreBoardFile /etc/httpd/httpd.scoreboard
      ErrorLog logs/error_log
      LogLevel warn
      ResourceConfig /dev/null
      AccessConfig /dev/null
      ###
      ### Global Configuration
      ###
      # We now support multiple apache configurations on the same server. In
      # common.conf, we put all directives that are common to all implementations
      # (httpd, httpd-perl, etc.)
      Include conf/commonhttpd.conf
      ###
      ### Virtual Hosts
      ###
      # We include different templates for Virtual Hosting. Have a look in the
      # vhosts directory and modify to suit your needs.
      Include conf/vhosts/Vhosts.conf
      #Include conf/vhosts/DynamicVhosts.conf
      #Include conf/vhosts/VirtualHomePages.conf

      Include  conf/addon-modules/php.conf
      Also I have the commonhttpd.conf file seted with

      # DocumentRoot: The directory out of which you will serve your
      # documents. By default, all requests are taken from this directory, but
      # symbolic links and aliases may be used to point to other locations.
      #
      DocumentRoot /var/www

      #
      # Each directory to which Apache has access, can be configured with respect
      # to which services and features are allowed and/or disabled in that
      # directory (and its subdirectories).
      #
      # First, we configure the "default" to be a very restrictive set of
      # permissions.
      #
      # Also, for security, we disable indexes globally
      #
      <Directory /var/www/*>
          Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks
          #Options FollowSymLinks
          #AllowOverride None
          AllowOverride All

          <Files ~ (\.asp)>
          SetHandler  perl-script
          #PerlHandler Apache::ASP
          #PerlSetVar  Global .
          #PerlSetVar  StateDir /tmp/asp
          </Files>
      </Directory>

      #
      If I uncomment the directives above, restarting Apache give some erros.
      What is wrong ?
      This lines was copied from apache::asp install instructions.
      I heard somebody here talking that the .httpaccess files is that would have
      to contain these directive. It is True ?

      TIA,

      Marcos NObre.

      Joshua Chamas wrote:
      Marcos Nobre wrote:
      I fear that it isn't be able I am considering to convert it for PHP.
      This my opnion exists in front of the fact that not even the examples of
      the Apache::ASP
      function well!

      What do you mean the examples do not function well? They do if
      your system is properly configured... for online examples in action,
      check out http://www.apache-asp.org/eg/

      How I will be able to believe in this?
      Can any one help in trace some begining steps ?
      Any clue is very welcome.
      Thanks in advance.

      Check out http://www.apache-asp.org/install.html#Quick%20Start
      for suggestions on getting the examples working. If your examples
      continue to not work, please post whatever error messages or output
      snippets you can to help resolve this problem.

      BTW, if you are looking to convert an application from IIS/ASP,
      make sure it is written in PerlScript, as VBScript will not yet
      run under Apache::ASP, though an upcoming release, to be determined,
      will include basic VBScript support graciously donated by Ime Smits.