Re: Question re $asp (eg. $self)

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 20, 2002
      Brat Wizard wrote:
      > Yup, answer: $Response->{asp}

      Yes, but this could go away at any time. Why do
      you need access to the ASP object, if you do, then maybe
      I need to define $ASP as part of the set of objects
      and document some its API?

    • Brat Wizard
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 20, 2002
        I don't anymore- I was searching for a way to reprocess the info until I hit
        upon just including it.

        So...nevermind ;)

        On Friday 20 September 2002 02:47 pm, Josh Chamas spewed into the ether:
        > Brat Wizard wrote:
        > > Yup, answer: $Response->{asp}
        >
        > Yes, but this could go away at any time. Why do
        > you need access to the ASP object, if you do, then maybe
        > I need to define $ASP as part of the set of objects
        > and document some its API?
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Josh
        > Josh Chamas, Founder phone:925-552-0128
        > Chamas Enterprises Inc. http://www.chamas.com
        > NodeWorks Link Checking http://www.nodeworks.com

        Check out http://www.Wizard.Org for great deals on Electronic Parts
        *NEW* Computer Parts & Accessories - Drives - LCD - Systems - Linux
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 20, 2002
          Brat Wizard wrote:
          > I don't anymore- I was searching for a way to reprocess the info until I hit
          > upon just including it.
          >
          > So...nevermind ;)

          OK. If you ever end up developing this for executing
          custom templates for some arbitrary user, you could make
          the templates "safe" by nulling out the <% %> blocks like:

          $template_data =~ s/\<\%/<%/isg;

          or some such. I have thought about offering some directive
          that could do that too like CodeExecute that could be called like:

          $Response->Include({ File => \$template, CodeExecute => 0 });

          Also, maybe have this be a PerlSetVar for diabling <% %> in
          scripts too. Let me know if you ever need such a thing.