strange error

  • Stephen Bardsley
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 16, 2002
      Hi All:

      This is a strange error and I really don't know what
      might be causing it. On the off chance that someone
      might have dealt with it before, I present it below:

      Error Invalid expression descendant:: ^ ,
      /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/ASP.pm line 1434

      That is all I get. I do have Debug set to 3 and I
      can provide more details if someone asks. There is
      really little else, except the code listing.

      Steve
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 17, 2002
        Stephen Bardsley wrote:
        > Hi All:
        >
        > This is a strange error and I really don't know what
        > might be causing it. On the off chance that someone
        > might have dealt with it before, I present it below:
        >
        > Error Invalid expression descendant:: ^ ,
        > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/ASP.pm line 1434
        >
        > That is all I get. I do have Debug set to 3 and I
        > can provide more details if someone asks. There is
        > really little else, except the code listing.

        Try setting

        $SIG{__DIE__} = \&Carp::confess

        somewhere. Try setting Debug -3, and post a bit of the
        error log with the error. I have never seen this before,
        but hoping we might see where the exception was really
        originally thrown.

        What ASP version are you using BTW? I'll look at this
        tomorrow since I'm crashing now.

        Thanks,

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 17, 2002
          Josh:

          I'm using the latest, Version 2.39
          w/ perl 5.6.1

          I'll try some of the other things you suggest too.

          Steve

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 17, 2002

            >>> Error Invalid expression descendant:: ^ ,
            >>>/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/ASP.pm line 1434

            This looks like it might have been an XMLSubs tab parse
            gone awry, is there compiled code output from the Debug 3 config
            that could be used to confirm this? I don't have any other
            ideas at the moment.