Re: 'redefining' Session_OnStart

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6 8:10 PM
      Adam Parrish wrote:
      > Josh,
      >

      >>What perl version are you using ( perl -v ).
      >

      > $ perl -v
      > This is perl, v5.6.1 built for sun4-solaris
      >
      > I've been doing the apachectl graceful thing for quite some time (and I'll
      > probably just stick with it). Still, it's sort of a nuisance for small
      > changes.

      I have another work around. It turns out that having $^W set to 1
      will trigger this behavior under UseStrict. You probably either
      have this set somewhere, or you have PerlWarn On set.

      You can try to $^W = 0 in your global.asa. I am working on a more
      global solution for this for the next release.

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 11 12:54 AM
        Adam Parrish wrote:
        > Hey all,
        >
        > My name is Adam. Long-time reader, first-time poster.
        >
        > So I've been developing some software with Apache::ASP and everything is going
        > hunky-dorily except for the following: if I make any changes to global.asa
        > then try to load any .asp file, I get the following error:
        >
        > errors compiling global.asa: maybe use strict error: Subroutine
        > Session_OnStart redefined at /home/www/store/etc/global.asa line 21.

        In my latest Apache::ASP 2.39, I have this fixed, or so I think :)
        I'll be sending this to you in a separate email for verification.