Re: 'redefining' Session_OnStart

  • Adam Parrish
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2002
      Josh,

      > What perl version are you using ( perl -v ).

      $ perl -v
      This is perl, v5.6.1 built for sun4-solaris

      I've been doing the apachectl graceful thing for quite some time (and I'll
      probably just stick with it). Still, it's sort of a nuisance for small
      changes.

      Thanks for the help.

      - Adam

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6, 2002
        Adam Parrish wrote:
        > Josh,
        >

        >>What perl version are you using ( perl -v ).
        >

        > $ perl -v
        > This is perl, v5.6.1 built for sun4-solaris
        >
        > I've been doing the apachectl graceful thing for quite some time (and I'll
        > probably just stick with it). Still, it's sort of a nuisance for small
        > changes.

        I have another work around. It turns out that having $^W set to 1
        will trigger this behavior under UseStrict. You probably either
        have this set somewhere, or you have PerlWarn On set.

        You can try to $^W = 0 in your global.asa. I am working on a more
        global solution for this for the next release.

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 11, 2002
          Adam Parrish wrote:
          > Hey all,
          >
          > My name is Adam. Long-time reader, first-time poster.
          >
          > So I've been developing some software with Apache::ASP and everything is going
          > hunky-dorily except for the following: if I make any changes to global.asa
          > then try to load any .asp file, I get the following error:
          >
          > errors compiling global.asa: maybe use strict error: Subroutine
          > Session_OnStart redefined at /home/www/store/etc/global.asa line 21.

          In my latest Apache::ASP 2.39, I have this fixed, or so I think :)
          I'll be sending this to you in a separate email for verification.