Re: 'redefining' Session_OnStart

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 30, 2002
      Adam Parrish wrote:
      > Hey all,
      >
      > My name is Adam. Long-time reader, first-time poster.
      >
      > So I've been developing some software with Apache::ASP and everything is going
      > hunky-dorily except for the following: if I make any changes to global.asa
      > then try to load any .asp file, I get the following error:
      >
      > errors compiling global.asa: maybe use strict error: Subroutine
      > Session_OnStart redefined at /home/www/store/etc/global.asa line 21.

      Quentin's work arounds are right, but the real problem still needs
      to be fixed, and the global.asa needs to be reloadable even while under
      UseStrict context. What perl version are you using ( perl -v ).

    • Adam Parrish
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2002
        Josh,

        > What perl version are you using ( perl -v ).

        $ perl -v
        This is perl, v5.6.1 built for sun4-solaris

        I've been doing the apachectl graceful thing for quite some time (and I'll
        probably just stick with it). Still, it's sort of a nuisance for small
        changes.

        Thanks for the help.

        - Adam

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 6, 2002
          Adam Parrish wrote:
          > Josh,
          >

          >>What perl version are you using ( perl -v ).
          >

          > $ perl -v
          > This is perl, v5.6.1 built for sun4-solaris
          >
          > I've been doing the apachectl graceful thing for quite some time (and I'll
          > probably just stick with it). Still, it's sort of a nuisance for small
          > changes.

          I have another work around. It turns out that having $^W set to 1
          will trigger this behavior under UseStrict. You probably either
          have this set somewhere, or you have PerlWarn On set.

          You can try to $^W = 0 in your global.asa. I am working on a more
          global solution for this for the next release.

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 11, 2002
            Adam Parrish wrote:
            > Hey all,
            >
            > My name is Adam. Long-time reader, first-time poster.
            >
            > So I've been developing some software with Apache::ASP and everything is going
            > hunky-dorily except for the following: if I make any changes to global.asa
            > then try to load any .asp file, I get the following error:
            >
            > errors compiling global.asa: maybe use strict error: Subroutine
            > Session_OnStart redefined at /home/www/store/etc/global.asa line 21.

            In my latest Apache::ASP 2.39, I have this fixed, or so I think :)
            I'll be sending this to you in a separate email for verification.