Re: How to run Microsoft ASP program within Apache for Win2000 or ones for Linux?

  • D. L. Fox
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 28, 2002
      Hi Sven,

      I'm a little confused as to what you mean by the following paragraph. You
      wrote:

      > If i try to port this to Linux-Apache i would fail on
      > many points. Porting to Windows-Apache isn't worth
      > the work (as nobody i know would run Apache
      > under Windows).

      I am running Apache under Windows, and my Apache::ASP is working fine.
      Admittedly, this is not a production machine. It's just for personal use.
      Did you mean you would not run Apache on Windows in a production
      environment? Or, do you mean I got very lucky getting my Apache::ASP to
      work on Apache under Windows?

      ~ D ~

    • Sven K√∂hler
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 28, 2002
        >>If i try to port this to Linux-Apache i would fail on
        >>many points. Porting to Windows-Apache isn't worth
        >>the work (as nobody i know would run Apache
        >>under Windows).
        >
        > I am running Apache under Windows, and my Apache::ASP is working fine.
        > Admittedly, this is not a production machine. It's just for personal use.
        > Did you mean you would not run Apache on Windows in a production
        > environment? Or, do you mean I got very lucky getting my Apache::ASP to
        > work on Apache under Windows?

        I ment, that portin Microsoft's ASP to Windows-Apache would be worth the
        work, as long as it wouldn't run an Linux.

        I was NOT talking of the ASP-API Port that resultet in Apache::ASP.
        Apache::ASP should run fine, where mod_perl runs fine.