Re: Need help in ASP

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2002
      ocp8i2002 wrote:
      > I have a small requirement in Active Server Pages:
      >
      > I have two tables in MS-Access 2000.

      I think you have emailed the wrong ASP mailing list.
      This mailing list is dedicated to Apache::ASP, which is
      a Perl script native port of Active Server Pages for Apache.
      Chances are that you are interested in IIS/VBScript ASP
      instead, & I would recommend you find a users group for that.

      > Any ASP gurus, can you help in developing these 2 pages, hope it will
      > take less than 3 or 4 hours. I appreciate if anybody can help me in
      > giving the code or resources where I can find similar kind of
      > functionality, I can do little modifications. Basically I am not a
      > ASP developer, so I need a starting point, I will refer some books and
      > go from there.

      I am guessing that for the work you want to do, custom development
      would like take 4-7 days, not 3-4 hours. You can probably hire someone
      off this list to do this for you if you are looking for that kind of
      help. Since you are looking for an online learning system, you might
      look for off the shelf components like Macromedia's Authorware:

      http://www.macromedia.com/software/authorware/

      There are dozens of other companies that offer off the shelf elearning
      publishers & I have experience with none of them, including authorware,
      just giving a link. Good luck with your search.