Re: $Server->Transfer v.s. $Response->Include

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2002
      Philip Mak wrote:

      > As I understand it calling $Server->Transfer is basically like calling
      > $Response->Include followed by $Response->End. Am I right?

      It was more or less, now it is exactly this...

      > I was wondering why $Server->Transfer doesn't accept any additional
      > arguments to pass to the file like $Response->Include does; I thought
      > that it would be a useful feature to have. I'm doing something like
      > this right now:
      >
      > if ($@) {
      > $Response->Include('fatal_error.asp', ($@));
      > $Response->End();
      > }

      I have added this ability to my dev version 2.31, with this docs note:

      As of Apache::ASP 2.31, this method now accepts optional
      arguments like $Response->Include & $Server->Execute.
      $Server->Transfer is now just a wrapper for:

      $Response->Include($file, @args);
      $Response->End;

      Let me know if you would like an early release.

      -- Josh