Need help in ASP

  • ocp8i2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2002
      I have a small requirement in Active Server Pages:

      I have two tables in MS-Access 2000.

      Table : Question, it has following columns

      Question-<test>
      Question#
      Question
      OptionA
      OptionB
      OptionC
      OptionD
      Correct Answer

      Table: Answer
      Email
      Date
      Test#
      Question#
      Answer
      Correct Ans

      When user comes to the first page, he enters his Email / UserID. In
      the second page he is going to select Test Desired from the following
      list:

      Test 1
      Test 2
      Test 3
      Test 4
      Test 5

      Based on the test user selected, it is going to read from Question_1
      or Question_2, Question_3, Question_4 ....

      User will be presented with 20 Questions with 4 choices. User is
      allowed to move to Previous Question, Next Question or End Exam.

      When User click on End Exam it should display, the result along with
      Wrong answers highlighted in Red Color.

      In the answer table, I want to store his Email / UserID, Date (nothing
      but system date), Test#, Question, Answer (what user selected),
      Correct Ans (this comes from Question table).

      Any ASP gurus, can you help in developing these 2 pages, hope it will
      take less than 3 or 4 hours. I appreciate if anybody can help me in
      giving the code or resources where I can find similar kind of
      functionality, I can do little modifications. Basically I am not a
      ASP developer, so I need a starting point, I will refer some books and
      go from there.

      I am going to run on Intranet, so we don't need to worry much about
      performance.

      Thanks in advance.

      Srini

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 28, 2002
        ocp8i2002 wrote:
        > I have a small requirement in Active Server Pages:
        >
        > I have two tables in MS-Access 2000.

        I think you have emailed the wrong ASP mailing list.
        This mailing list is dedicated to Apache::ASP, which is
        a Perl script native port of Active Server Pages for Apache.
        Chances are that you are interested in IIS/VBScript ASP
        instead, & I would recommend you find a users group for that.

        > Any ASP gurus, can you help in developing these 2 pages, hope it will
        > take less than 3 or 4 hours. I appreciate if anybody can help me in
        > giving the code or resources where I can find similar kind of
        > functionality, I can do little modifications. Basically I am not a
        > ASP developer, so I need a starting point, I will refer some books and
        > go from there.

        I am guessing that for the work you want to do, custom development
        would like take 4-7 days, not 3-4 hours. You can probably hire someone
        off this list to do this for you if you are looking for that kind of
        help. Since you are looking for an online learning system, you might
        look for off the shelf components like Macromedia's Authorware:

        http://www.macromedia.com/software/authorware/

        There are dozens of other companies that offer off the shelf elearning
        publishers & I have experience with none of them, including authorware,
        just giving a link. Good luck with your search.