I have an Application that I need to port from IIS/ASP to Apache/Apache:ASP

  • Marcos Nobre
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 14, 2002
      I fear that it isn't be able I am considering to convert it for PHP.
      This my opnion exists in front of the fact that not even the examples of
      the Apache::ASP
      function well!
      How I will be able to believe in this?
      Can any one help in trace some begining steps ?
      Any clue is very welcome.
      Thanks in advance.

      Marcos Nobre.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 14, 2002
        Marcos Nobre wrote:

        > I fear that it isn't be able I am considering to convert it for PHP.
        > This my opnion exists in front of the fact that not even the examples of
        > the Apache::ASP
        > function well!

        What do you mean the examples do not function well? They do if
        your system is properly configured... for online examples in action,
        check out http://www.apache-asp.org/eg/

        > How I will be able to believe in this?
        > Can any one help in trace some begining steps ?
        > Any clue is very welcome.
        > Thanks in advance.

        Check out http://www.apache-asp.org/install.html#Quick%20Start
        for suggestions on getting the examples working. If your examples
        continue to not work, please post whatever error messages or output
        snippets you can to help resolve this problem.

        BTW, if you are looking to convert an application from IIS/ASP,
        make sure it is written in PerlScript, as VBScript will not yet
        run under Apache::ASP, though an upcoming release, to be determined,
        will include basic VBScript support graciously donated by Ime Smits.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 21, 2002
          Marcos Nobre wrote:

          > Ok. Let me start again.
          >
          > First of all, I need to create a "site" that is pointed by a browser
          > (naturaly) like :
          > http://localhost/mysite
          > <Directory /var/www/*>
          > Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks
          > #Options FollowSymLinks
          > #AllowOverride None
          > AllowOverride All
          >
          > <Files ~ (\.asp)>
          > SetHandler perl-script
          > #PerlHandler Apache::ASP
          > #PerlSetVar Global .
          > #PerlSetVar StateDir /tmp/asp
          > </Files>
          > </Directory>
          >
          > #
          > If I uncomment the directives above, restarting Apache give some erros.
          > What is wrong ?
          > This lines was copied from apache::asp install instructions.
          > I heard somebody here talking that the .httpaccess files is that would have
          > to contain these directive. It is True ?

          What are "some errors" ? The .htaccess is only relevant when that
          is what you are using to configure Apache::ASP, which is the case
          for running the ./site/eg examples from the distribution.

          -- Josh
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 27, 2002
            Marcos Nobre wrote:

            > 3) On netscape I type : http://mnobre.ovtdom/alliance and got an error 500
            > My index.html has a <% response.redirect ...%> ASP instruction and into
            > the directory I found a .htaccess file.
            >
            > 4) After rename .htaccess file and reload the initial local site URL, I see the
            > script code (source) on the browser
            >
            > What can I do ? It seems that ASP isn't enable. Isn't it ?

            Whenever you get a server error, check out your error_log and see
            what it says. There was likely an error running your script because
            response.redirect is VBScript & Apache::ASP only support perl scripting
            like:

            <% $Response->Write("test"); %>

            Please see the examples in the dist ./site/eg, or online
            at http://www.apache-asp.org/eg/, for perl scripting examples
            that do work. perl scripting support in Apache::ASP is made
            to be compatible with PerlScript under IIS/ASP.

            -- Josh