Re: can't parse asp pages

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 22, 2002
      gorillabiscuit02 wrote:
      > I've tried everything that I can think of and I can't get ASP pages to
      > parse. HTM works fine. I leave it to the experts. Any help is greatly
      > appreciated. Below is the error that is in the Apache log file.
      >
      > Can't locate object method "InitState" via package "Apache::ASP" at
      > /usr/local/apache/lib/perl/Apache/ASP.pm line 382.
      > Apache::ASP::new('Apache::ASP', 'Apache=SCALAR(0x81eca7c)') called at
      > /usr/local/apache/lib/perl/Apache/ASP.pm line 164
      > Apache::ASP::handler('Apache=SCALAR(0x81eca7c)') called at /dev/null line 0
      > require 0 called at /dev/null line 0

      There are many library files that need to be installed besides
      ASP.pm, and &InitState() is defined in Apache/ASP/StateManager.pm
      Please make sure to install correctly via normal:

      perl Makefile.PL
      make
      make test
      make install

      If you did do this, and there is still a problem after you restart
      the server, please send a trace of the output from the above commands,
      as well as the Apache/ASP files listings as installed in your perl
      lib directory.