Re: Accessing $Session Outside Apache?

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 12 3:06 PM
      Quentin Smith wrote:
      > Hi-
      > Although yes, Zope does provide session management of its own, it is not
      > automatically activated. I do not currently use it. In addition, I do
      > not want one server to think the user is logged in while the other
      > server thinks the session has expired. What I may do is create another
      > table in PostgreSQL to store the session ID and then have Zope and my
      > asp pages both access that. If Josh has any ideas on a cleaner way to do
      > this that is closer to what I originally intended, he can chime in when
      > he wakes up :)

      I might create a simple global "session" by using a domain cookie,
      and marking some field in the system accordingly. You could even
      reuse the random $Session->{SessionID} for this.

      So... ( MySQL SQL )

      update users set login_session_id = $Session->{SessionID},
      login_session_expires = now() + interval 1 day
      where username = ?

      ... then set global domain cookie that will be sent to both servers,
      over SSL only if you require this:

      $Response->{Cookies}{global_session_id} =
      {
      Secure => 1,
      Value => $Session->{SessionID},
      Expires => 86400,
      Domain => 'yourdomain.com',
      Path => '/'
      };

      You could try to have Zope read the sessions directly
      off disk, or put your sessions into the database with
      Apache::Session, but I would not recommend either of these
      things, because things could always break later when
      hacking into undocumented data structures. For example,
      I change the hashing implementation on Apache::ASP sessions
      from time to time for performance reasons, backwards compatible,
      but probably not with any work that you do to read them
      off disk.