$Server->Transfer v.s. $Response->Include

  • Philip Mak
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2002
      As I understand it calling $Server->Transfer is basically like calling
      $Response->Include followed by $Response->End. Am I right?

      I was wondering why $Server->Transfer doesn't accept any additional
      arguments to pass to the file like $Response->Include does; I thought
      that it would be a useful feature to have. I'm doing something like
      this right now:

      if ($@) {
      $Response->Include('fatal_error.asp', ($@));
      $Response->End();

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 14, 2002
        Philip Mak wrote:

        > As I understand it calling $Server->Transfer is basically like calling
        > $Response->Include followed by $Response->End. Am I right?

        It was more or less, now it is exactly this...

        > I was wondering why $Server->Transfer doesn't accept any additional
        > arguments to pass to the file like $Response->Include does; I thought
        > that it would be a useful feature to have. I'm doing something like
        > this right now:
        >
        > if ($@) {
        > $Response->Include('fatal_error.asp', ($@));
        > $Response->End();
        > }

        I have added this ability to my dev version 2.31, with this docs note:

        As of Apache::ASP 2.31, this method now accepts optional
        arguments like $Response->Include & $Server->Execute.
        $Server->Transfer is now just a wrapper for:

        $Response->Include($file, @args);
        $Response->End;

        Let me know if you would like an early release.

        -- Josh