RequestParams error message

  • Philip Mak
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2002
      If I try to call $Request->Params when I have not put "PerlSetVar
      RequestParams 1" in httpd.conf, I get a confusing error message:

      Can't call method "Item" on an undefined value at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/ASP.pm line 3373., /usr/lib/ perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/ASP.pm line 1560

      I think that it should say something more helpful in that situation.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2002
        Philip Mak wrote:

        > If I try to call $Request->Params when I have not put "PerlSetVar
        > RequestParams 1" in httpd.conf, I get a confusing error message:
        >
        > Can't call method "Item" on an undefined value at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/ASP.pm line 3373., /usr/lib/ perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/ASP.pm line 1560

        My dev version 2.31 will have a more intelligent error in this case.
        I'll try to release this version to CPAN soon.