error I'm getting

  • Matt Westfall a.k.a. ErkDog
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2002
      this is the error I get in apache when I try to go to
      digitalnova.net/asp-test/eg

      Internal Server Error
      unable to complete your request.
      Please contact the server administrator, admins@... and
      inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have
      done that may have caused the error.

      More information about this error may be available in the server error
      log.

      Apache/1.3.12 Server at www.digitalnova.net Port 80

      This is all I'm getting in log file

      [Sat Jan 5 22:15:45 2002] [error] Undefined subroutine
      &Apache::ASP::handler called.

      [Sat Jan 5 22:27:05 2002] [error] Undefined subroutine
      &Apache::ASP::handler called.

      [Sat Jan 5 22:27:20 2002] [error] Undefined subroutine
      &Apache::ASP::handler called.

      [Sat Jan 5 22:27:21 2002] [error] Undefined subroutine
      &Apache::ASP::handler called.

      [Sat Jan 5 22:27:22 2002] [error] Undefined subroutine
      &Apache::ASP::handler called.

      Please Advise.

      --
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
      | Live Long and Prosper |
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2002
        "Matt Westfall a.k.a. ErkDog" wrote:

        > this is the error I get in apache when I try to go to
        > digitalnova.net/asp-test/eg
        >
        > Internal Server Error
        > unable to complete your request.
        > Please contact the server administrator, admins@... and
        > inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have
        > done that may have caused the error.
        >
        > More information about this error may be available in the server error
        > log.

        > Apache/1.3.12 Server at www.digitalnova.net Port 80
        >
        > This is all I'm getting in log file
        >
        > [Sat Jan 5 22:15:45 2002] [error] Undefined subroutine
        > &Apache::ASP::handler called.

        First make sure Apache::ASP is installed. You can tell by
        doing something like:

        perl -MApache::ASP -e ''

        which should come back without an error.

        Then try adding to your httpd.conf:

        PerlModule Apache::ASP

        The latter directive is a good idea to do when using Apache::ASP
        because it will load the module in the parent httpd pre-fork &
        pass the savings down to the child httpds.