Re: Problems with Perl Instalation

    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2002
      José Augusto dos Santos Neto wrote:

      > Dear friends,
      >
      > I´m having problems with perl when i try to install apache-asp. When i run
      > make test appear the message bellow:
      >
      > Can't locate object method "new" via package "URI::URL" (perhaps you forgot
      > to load "URI::URL"?) at ../blib/lib/Apache/test.pm line 252.
      > make: ** [run_tests] Erro 255
      >
      > But if i try install URI::URL throught MCPAN, it said URI::URL is up to
      > date.

      Did anyone ever answer this question for you? Sorry if not.

      In general, I do not do "make test" for mod_perl, as I have often
      had problems, so you should be able to install without this.

      But, to get it to work, you might make sure that Apache/test.pm
      does in fact to a "use URI::URL". This might just be a bug
      in the mod_perl distribution you are using, so you might want
      to download the latest stable release, 1.26, at

      http://perl.apache.org/dist/

      If you are using mod_perl 1.26 to build, and you find the problem,
      you might submit a patch to the mod_perl maintainers.