Re: Win98 -- Apache::ASP 2.33 -- Errors

    Message 1 of 5 , May 10, 2002
      "Arul, Rex" wrote:

      > Josh:
      >
      > I already had that statement as the last statement in my httpd.conf file; nonetheless the bombs still surface. Any other ideas? Here is what I had
      > in the httpd.conf:
      > #As per apache-asp.org website recommendation for win95/98
      > <Perl>
      > *CORE::GLOBAL::flock = sub { 1 };
      > </Perl>

      Is your perl version 5.6 or greater? ( perl -v to find out )

      Try that line higher in the httpd.conf, maybe before you load
      and perl module? Try is also in the actual block that you configure
      Apache::ASP to run. This has worked for others, so I'm not sure
      why it does not work for you.

    • Arul, Rex
      Message 2 of 5 , May 10, 2002
        Wow! That did the trick. I will keep it in my mind, and maybe you can update your Docs as well.

        By default, when Apache HTTPD is installed, it puts the directive as the last one -- down in the bottom. Please update your docs in your website to reiterate to the fact that it should be prior to the config directive where you actually load Apache::ASP. It is pure serendipity that none of the other Win98 folks had any problem with, but I did have! The directive should be as this:

        #As per apache-asp.org website recommendation for win95/98
         <Perl>
            *CORE::GLOBAL::flock = sub { 1 };
          </Perl>
        <Files ~ (\.asp)>
          SetHandler  perl-script
          PerlModule  Apache::ASP
          PerlHandler Apache::ASP
          PerlSetVar  Global /Apache/global
          PerlSetVar  StateDir /Apache/state
        </Files>

        Thanks a lot Josh. I very much appreciate your insight and this gives me the courage to get seriously started on Apache::ASP. Thanks a lot.

        Regards,
        Rex